Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

locking gas cap?

2 posters

Go down

locking gas cap? Empty locking gas cap?

Post by Ziggy Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:40 am

I have a saxon 5000 and need a locking or even non locking gas cap will do - can anyone supply the stant or equivalent part number. Thanks!

Ziggy

Back to top Go down

locking gas cap? Empty Re: locking gas cap?

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Can't give you a part number, but I can give you an easy direction to follow.
If yours is the same as mine it will be easy to get at your friendly local auto parts store (FLAPS).
Mine came from Classic in the early '90s and is the type and style used on virtually every American car built from the '50s to the '80s. If you can't take the car to get one just take a picture of the neck and explain what you need. Any old parts person will know what it is. The most common style was just stamped steel with two ears sticking up - the kind that was hidden under a gas cap door. I found one that is a low domed chrome version. Also had to drill a 1/16" hole for venting.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:18 pm

That's a great buy at less than half of new.
I got mine (red) local for $5k twenty years ago in about the same condition with a '78 V8 donor car.
If i needed another project this would be it.
Are you going to go look at it ?
Maybe buy it and part it out to the rest of us ?

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziggy Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:40 am

Thanks a bunch. I went to a Volkswagen specialty shop and found the best fit was a cap from a 1960's era Volkswagen bus. It works and looks great. The part number and maker are: Pacific parts international , part number 211 201 551RM. It's a lockable gas cap .

Ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum