Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starting project

2 posters

Go down

starting project Empty starting project

Post by bkdodds Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:26 pm

it seems like I'm the only one posting much But I'm having a bit of a problem getting the steering rack cut down for my Saxton build I took the rack to 2 different Machine shops and was told that for liability reasons they could not modify any steering components WOW I will keep looking or try it my self!??!

bkdodds

Back to top Go down

starting project Empty Re: starting project

Post by David V. Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:02 pm

I run an aftermarket rack from "flaming river". Don't have the part number handy unfortunately. One of the other guys can probably chime in.

I think you'll find different people post more or less depending on the season and whether they're building the car as a project or just driving it around and doing maintenance. Others just lurk on the site and read the content. Some check the site every day, others check it once a month. It comes and goes.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bkdodds Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Thanks I will look into the Flaming River rack but I just bought this one before I realized that the Saxton needed it modified

bkdodds

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:53 pm

You might want to go download the build manual (if you don't already have it). It's in the Database section. Will give you all the details on what you need (before you go out and buy parts.

Cheers! Best of luck
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down