Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

road trip yesterday

2 posters

Go down

road trip yesterday Empty road trip yesterday

Post by aronhk_md Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Well, I took the car on a 200 mile trip yesterday down to visit a friend in lower DE.  He's an awesome mechanic, and he tuned the Holley carb and we decided to remove the vacuum advance.  Think it was advancing too much and causing some light detonation.  She really purrs now.

I filled the tank at the same pump when I left, and filled again at the same pump when I returned.  Let it stop at the first click off of the pump each time.  Did the calculations and.....21.9 mpg.  Not bad considering some of it was stop and go traffic and I spent a considerable amount of time at 75-80 mph when I was on the highway.

I'll bet when I do the switch to the Fitech EFI next spring she'll hit 24 mpg.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
aronhk_md
aronhk_md

Back to top Go down

road trip yesterday Empty Re: road trip yesterday

Post by Hotrod Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Sounds like you have it sorted just fine.

Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by aronhk_md Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Well, it can use a lot of improvement in many areas, but all in time...
aronhk_md
aronhk_md

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down