Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Donor car questions for you all.

2 posters

Go down

More Donor car questions for you all. Empty More Donor car questions for you all.

Post by RustyNCA Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:26 pm

So the donor car I am pulling parts from is an 80 Chevette. I pulled the AC system off the car, but it looks different than the one pictured in the assembly manual. Anyway, I can't find it now, but I thought I read something about not being able to run AC with something else?

What are all you running for heat or AC in your cars? The Chevette stuff or something else?

And lastly, is the ebrake setup. I have yet to pull that from the Chevette, is that also what you all used?

Thanks
RustyNCA

RustyNCA

Back to top Go down

More Donor car questions for you all. Empty Re: More Donor car questions for you all.

Post by David V. Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Well...I'm in Canada, so I've forgone the use of AC. But I can say that my heater box (which I could have connected an AC compressor to) is out of a 74 mustang ii, as is the handbrake lever. Others might be able to comment on how to use the chevette parts though.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

More Donor car questions for you all. Empty Re: More Donor car questions for you all.

Post by RustyNCA Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:22 pm

David V. wrote:Well...I'm in Canada, so I've forgone the use of AC. But I can say that my heater box (which I could have connected an AC compressor to) is out of a 74 mustang ii, as is the handbrake lever. Others might be able to comment on how to use the chevette parts though.

Thanks, David. The assembly manual is a bit confusing about it. It says donor car for various parts and mentions both the Mustang II and the Chevette, so at times I am unsure which vehicle it's referring to. Other Items it's very clear on.

What does the ebrake handle for the Mustang II look like?

RustyNCA

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:56 pm

This is exactly what I've got on mine: ebay-75 mustang handbrake
You could probably do better on the price though.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down