Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rear License Plate Bracket

4 posters

Go down

New Rear License Plate Bracket Empty New Rear License Plate Bracket

Post by fspencer1 Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:20 am

In case anyone is interested, Vintage Trailer Supply carries a reproduction of the Yankee 331/332 license plate bracket which is all polished stainless steel and is a perfect match for the original painted steel bracket delivered with the kit. Perfect fit and no more rust.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
fspencer1
fspencer1

Hotrod, Jerry & Lisa Mills, Panther and Chrisj357 like this post

Back to top Go down

New Rear License Plate Bracket Empty Re: New Rear License Plate Bracket

Post by AHSebring64 Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:45 pm

Same style light and bracket but chrome plated is used on Cobras and Baja Bugs (Empi makes one at half the cost). Nice to have a non-rusting alternative.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Back to top Go down

Post by fspencer1 Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:03 pm

AHSebring64 wrote:Same style light and bracket but chrome plated is used on Cobras and Baja Bugs (Empi makes one at half the cost). Nice to have a non-rusting alternative.

I believe that the EMPI bracket is smaller and does not fit in the same holes. Vintage Trailer Supply also sells the EMPI version at $27.99 but I didn't mind spending the extra coin to get an exact match to what was already on there. I find it very hard to drill new holes in a fiberglass body when there is already existing holes. Cool
fspencer1
fspencer1

Loren Tungesvick, sky25t and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:49 pm

Very good info. I can say for sure that the Lucas light will not fit the raised portion of our cars. It was made for the Yankee light. I might need to pick up a spare. Thanks.
Hotrod
Hotrod

sky25t, fspencer1 and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisj357 Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:22 pm

fspencer1 wrote:
AHSebring64 wrote:Same style light and bracket but chrome plated is used on Cobras and Baja Bugs (Empi makes one at half the cost). Nice to have a non-rusting alternative.

I believe that the EMPI bracket is smaller and does not fit in the same holes. Vintage Trailer Supply also sells the EMPI version at $27.99 but I didn't mind spending the extra coin to get an exact match to what was already on there. I find it very hard to drill new holes in a fiberglass body when there is already existing holes. Cool

Is the hole pattern for MX to mount this unit 3” or 4 7/8”? Does anyone know?

Chrisj357

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum