Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard Top Quest

5 posters

Go down

Hard Top Quest Empty Hard Top Quest

Post by Wjcoates Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:50 pm

I joined earlier today and I am thrilled with the content and knowledge as I scrolled through.
I have a Sebring with a 302 and a Saxon with a 350.
I have acquired replicas over the years, I have 7 currently including the Healeys, and remain happily married to my wife of 30+ years.
I will register my cars in due course.
I am grateful this group exists and look forward to filling in the gaps.
The reason I came across y’all was my quest for a hard top.
Is anyone making them or are there any for sale?
Ciao for now.

Bill Coates, Cocoa, Florida.

Wjcoates

Back to top Go down

Hard Top Quest Empty Re: Hard Top Quest

Post by Hotrod Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:05 am

There is fellow on this forum named Robert. He has the company with the ads that are usually in the top right corner of every page. Here is a link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He bought all of the available molds for the Sebring and I'm pretty sure he has the top mold. Contact him.

The main problem will be the rear window. It is plexiglass and as far as I know no new windows are available. However, forming plexi can be done and many folks that have built airplanes have done it. I would suggest looking for forming info in that area.

The window gasket or something that could be made to work should be available from Steele Rubber products. They are an aftermarket supplier of rubber gaskets to the hot rod and classic car folks.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Wjcoates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wjcoates Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:18 pm

Thank you.
I enjoy your posts and sense of humor.

Wjcoates

Hotrod and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtrhd Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:04 am

Hello, I’m new to this site and new owner of an unfinished Sebring kit. I have a never installed red hardtop (a few scuffs from moving around but nothing too deep) with all seals and rubber and the rear polycarbonate glass. I also have a tan convertible top (never installed) with installation hardware that has been stored but appears to be in good shape. I have the side window install kit as supplied by CR with vent windows. I would prefer to sell all to one party and am not wanting to ship. I’m willing to meet within 200 miles of Columbia, South Carolina if the price is right. I have no idea what to ask for any of it and would appreciate suggestions as to the value. Thank you, Ralph Shesly

Mtrhd

rverruni likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:07 pm

Well, IF i needed those items and you were nearby, I'd offer you $1000 and go as high as $1300 assuming the soft top is usable.
I priced a replacement soft top at an upholstery shop two years ago and it was $600.
The hard top with clear window, trim and good gel-coat is hard to find. I'd guess around $750, probably more to someone with a red car. (just my opinion) The side window kit - have no idea.
The big issue for you is finding a buyer, especially if you're not willing to crate and ship. Good luck.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Hard Top Quest Empty Red hard top

Post by JD535 Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:13 pm

I have a red Seabring that I just bought with a black soft top.  Can you send me a photo of the red hard top?

Thank you

JD535

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtrhd Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mtrhd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtrhd Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mtrhd

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mtrhd Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:12 am

Sorry, I’m just learning how to send pics.

Mtrhd

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hard Top Quest Empty Red hard top and soft top

Post by Wjcoates Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:30 am

Mtrhd wrote:Hello, I’m new to this site and new owner of an unfinished Sebring kit. I have a never installed red hardtop (a few scuffs from moving around but nothing too deep) with all seals and rubber and the rear  polycarbonate glass. I also have a tan convertible top (never installed) with installation hardware that has been stored but appears to be in good shape. I have the side window install kit as supplied by CR with vent windows. I would prefer to sell all to one party and am not wanting to ship. I’m willing to meet within 200 miles of Columbia, South Carolina if the price is right. I have no idea what to ask for any of it and would appreciate suggestions as to the value. Thank you, Ralph Shesly

I would be interested in buying the hard top or both if necessary.
My name is Bill Coates.
You may call me at 305 731 4744.
Please leave a voice mail and I will call you back.

Wjcoates

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:24 am

Well I just learned something. I never knew the rear glass was flat. I thought it was formed into a curve. Good info. Live and learn.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Wjcoates Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:10 pm

Yep. I am picking up the top at the end of next week.
I will let you know how it goes.

Wjcoates

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wjcoates Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:34 pm

For everyone's information I spoke several times with Robert Haugen, the chap advertising body parts on this forum.
He is great, knowledgeable and easy to deal with.
His site is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
His Mail is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
His telephone (in Oregon) is  541-900-7620. Keep in mind he is 3 hours behind the East Coast.
A hard top is $1800 plus shipping. Colours are limited to Black, White and Grey. No Red unfortunately but it is too tough to match.
Included is the weather strip, Plexiglas rear window and I think the window is installed.
I ordered one from Robert and will have one for my Sebring and another for my Saxon.
He accepts PayPal.
He makes all the fibreglas parts you need.
A good guy.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
More later.

Wjcoates

Hotrod, Jerry & Lisa Mills, Panther and Wjcoates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down