Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SBF oil pan

2 posters

Go down

SBF oil pan Empty SBF oil pan

Post by JPS Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:51 pm

I saw in an old post that an oil pan from a mid 70s F100 with a 302 is the correct one to use. Can anyone confirm if this is the case or not please. I have a fox body pan and was planning to use it.

JPS

Back to top Go down

SBF oil pan Empty Re: SBF oil pan

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:20 am

Doesn't matter one little bit. Front, middle or rear will fit. Oil pick-up tube and dipstick location to match.
That being said, the old rule of thumb was rear if you're building a drag car or going up a steep hill really fast.
Never have had a problem with my front sump 351W.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

JPS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JPS Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:35 am

Thanks

JPS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down