Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

registration in californa

2 posters

Go down

registration in californa Empty registration in californa

Post by Choptop Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:44 pm

Anyone register their car in California lately? Tell me your story. I just started, my car was built and left in the garage for the last 30 years. So far note to bad. Have to a see a referee for smog exemption, lights and brakes, CHP for vin.

Last edited by Choptop on Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Choptop
Choptop

Back to top Go down

registration in californa Empty Re: registration in californa

Post by AHSebring64 Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:36 pm

My experience won't help you but maybe will answer some questions from others. I bought my Sebring from Missouri and registered it in California. Luckily, it was already registered in Missouri as a 1963 Austin-Healey so I was able to simply go to AAA and register it just as any other used car. The only thing I had to do first was to buy an additional VIN tag off Ebay to mount to the frame since MO only required one tag and CA requires two. If I was buying any used kit car I'd want it already registered as what it looks like so I wouldn't have to go through what you are doing. I can't wait to hear how your entire process goes. Good luck.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Choptop likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Choptop Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:35 pm

CHP gave a clean vin, no blue tag ! Waiting for paper work from DMV to take to referee for smog exemption.
Choptop
Choptop

Jimboquick and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Choptop Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:59 pm

i started the prosses last summer with California DMV. They didnt send the paper work B.A.R. . Witch would send me SB100 form. for kit cars. went back to DMV after not getting this document. they sent it again. In the mean time they give me a number tied to SB100 so I can get things moving. they set me up with a phone interview. I have to send in reseats for engine, trans, rearend and the birth certificate of the car.Pics of the engine . casting numbers. (1968 Ford 302). They gave me a smog exception . Then to brake and lite check . that went good. But they thought I needed a lite for the e-brake, We reread it the the code. Didnt need it. So now back to DMV with the paper work and get my plates !!!
Choptop
Choptop

Jimboquick and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum