Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel Fill and Venting

3 posters

Go down

Fuel Fill and Venting Empty Fuel Fill and Venting

Post by ArthurBNH Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:19 am

I am now driving my Saxon for 100 to 200 miles at a time and I have discovered that on the bottom half of the tank capacity it sucks the tank with the fuel pump enough to start to collapse the tank with a lot of pressure. I am looking for a source for the right size cap to replace the current one which is technically vented but doesn’t seem to let preasure in only out. From the assembly manual was I don’t see any vent system. I have the 19 gallon CR tank. Has anybody else experience this and found a specific cure?
Thanks
ArthurBNH
ArthurBNH

Back to top Go down

Fuel Fill and Venting Empty Re: Fuel Fill and Venting

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:57 am

Had exactly the same problem. Suspect there is a more elegant and technically correct solution but i just drilled a 1/16" hole in the cap. Never have any excess fumes in the garage.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Hotrod likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:39 pm

Jerry & Lisa Mills wrote:Had exactly the same problem. Suspect there is a more elegant and technically correct solution but i just drilled a 1/16" hole in the cap. Never have any excess fumes in the garage.

That's pretty much what a factory vented cap is. Just a sealed cap with a small hole in it.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Jimboquick, Jerry & Lisa Mills and ArthurBNH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down