Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LED Headlights

2 posters

Go down

LED Headlights Empty LED Headlights

Post by Sotuo Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:07 pm

Has anyone found a decent LED upgrade for the sealed beam? I haven't checked yet to see if they are standard 7" lights.
Sotuo
Sotuo

Back to top Go down

LED Headlights Empty Re: LED Headlights

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:47 am

Hey Sotuo,
Yes, 12 volt 7" headlamps have been the same since the mid '50s. All car makers were required to conform to the standards set by SAE for all vehicles sold in America. Followed by the 5 3/4" rounds, then the single and double squares. Then finally the SAE relaxed their archaic standards, and we got the modern lights we have now. Much better but very expensive and you can't get them at every gas station like we use to.
I've only spent a couple hours researching LEDs. So far, this is the best web site i've found. Many more out there with even more opinions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Sotuo Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:32 am

Thanks for clarifying the size Jerry & Lisa. Looks like Amazon has a few decent options. I found one on a google search that looks really close to original halogens as welll.
Sotuo
Sotuo

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum