Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance companies

5 posters

Go down

Insurance companies Empty Insurance companies

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:45 am

Morning,

Its been a long time since I posted on here. The project is nearing completion and heading to paint in the next two/three weeks, we're aiming to have the car on the road mid May! finally after 5 yrs in the build its nearly finished.

That being said, our local insurance company, Statefarm/Desjardins, doesn't cover cars like the SaxonMX. I live in Ontario, does anyone have recommendations on where you can get insurance for the kit cars?

Thanks in advance, appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,
Mark
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Insurance companies Empty Re: Insurance companies

Post by Hotrod Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:27 am

I have insurance through Hagerty, but don't know if they offer coverage in Canada. I have had a couple of claims with them on my 46 Coupe and have been satisfied with them.

My 46 is the primary coverage and the Sebring is an add-on to that policy.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:28 am

Congratulations Mark. Way cool getting it done.

We've had Grundy for 20 years. No claims, but they have a great reputation, do agreed value and are worldwide. Click on "Classic cars" and see their extensive coverage.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by DrJ Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am

2nd for Hagerty with a quick story. I bought a 66 Corvette in 2018 and I'm out for a drive about a week later, she's not handling all that well (1st danger sign). Driving in the middle of nowhere, I keep going (1st sign of not being very bright). Suddenly, at about 60mph, a very loud BANG. Pull over and the passenger side rear tire had de-laminated down to the steel belts like a truck retread that let go. Good news, it still held air. The bad news, the tread hogged out the entire quarter panel, and mucked up the door. I owned this thing for like 15 minutes.
Called Hagerty and tried to explain where I was, which was, you know, nowhere. In less than 45 minutes a flat bed arrived, took me to a tire store 30 minutes down the road (part of the service). Got me 4 new tires on my nickle (did I mention the date codes on very new looking tires she came with indicated they were 18 years old?...who knew tires had date codes?). So body damage wise (came out to about 6K) Hagerty's position was : Take it to any Corvette restoration shop you want and send us the bill...done. No adjusters, no BS, just fix the ride and get back on the road.
A beacon on customer service lite in a dim world.

DrJ

Hotrod, Jerry & Lisa Mills and jacktar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:08 am

Just a quick story that was related to me by an acquaintance.

When Katrina hit the gulf coast in 2005, many,many collector cars were totaled due to water.  This fellow I know got hooked up with some of the salvage companies to recover some of them.  He was buying them from the insurance companies, but in many cases had to deal with the owners during the recovery.  Because of this, he was privy to how some the owners had been treated by the insurance  companies.  He said that Hagerty and Grundy treated their customers the best overall.  Some of the others were absolute horror stories.  Bottom line, be very careful with your choice.

In the interest of full disclosure, this fellow was cleaning the cars up, drying them out and redoing the interiors to flip them. Sounds like an opportunistic way to make a profit, but it was a lot of hard work to get the cars redone and he saved a lot of cars that otherwise would have likely been crushed. In most cases, he had to rebuild the engines, transmissions and do a complete interior.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Jerry & Lisa Mills and jacktar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:26 pm

Congrats on getting her so close to completion! Hope us Ontario Sebring owners can figure out a way to meet up soon Very Happy
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimboquick Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:39 pm

I live in Georgetown, ON. I been with Hagerty for some time now.
JimboQuick

Jimboquick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum