Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

front and rear bumper brakes

4 posters

Go down

front and rear bumper brakes Empty front and rear bumper brakes

Post by dann5 Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:45 pm

hi , im new to this forum , i have a sebring factory built but i don't have the bumpers or brackets , i have an idea of the bumpers and were to buy them but im out of luck or ideas for the brakes , anyone have pictures of drawings ,thanks
dann5
dann5

http://c.rodriguez5@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

front and rear bumper brakes Empty Re: front and rear bumper brakes

Post by Hotrod Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:54 pm

The brackets are just bent flat bar. They shouldn't be too hard to make, especially if you have a torch you can use to heat the metal for bending.

I have mine somewhere out in the shop. I'm working the rest of the week and won't have time to go hunt them up until the weekend. If no one else comes up with the info you need before then, I'll find them and take some pictures with a ruler.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by dann5 Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 pm

thank you so much for you time to respond , i will appreciate if you send me to
hose pictures , no hurry n
dann5
dann5

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi there, welcome to the forum! Here is a diagram someone once sent me of the bracket in a top-down view. The bumps simply indicate where oblong holes are drilled. The bracket is bent from 1/4" thick, 1'1/2" wide mild steel in the pattern you see here. The two front holes bolt into the bumper while the back hole bolts into the tube that runs through the body. If hotrod doesn't post pics i'll try to get some to help orient you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:59 pm

Ok.  I finally got around to locating the brackets.  The first ones I found were the bent ones that were on the car when I got it.  They wouldn't have been much use to you and it took me a while to locate the straight ones that I bought from someone on line.

As David said, they are bent from 1 1/2" X 1/4" flat bar.  These appear to be plain hot rolled structural steel that should be easy to locate.  The slots are 1/2" wide X 1" long.  They line up across from each other in the J.

The angles are a little hard to see in the pics, but they are 43* and 21*.  Odd angles, but that is what they measure.  They have to fit the contour of the bumper.

The J bent end appears to have been wrapped around a 2 1/4" mandrel, but it opens up to 2 1/2".  Both of the good brackets I have match, so these numbers are probably very close to as built.

Let me know if you need any other pictures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hotrod
Hotrod

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dann5 Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:42 pm

sorry for the late response , those picture are like gold to me , thanks for all the wonderfull people in this forum , i will be busy fabricating those !!
dann5
dann5

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

front and rear bumper brakes Empty bumper

Post by 65 Austin Healey Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:42 pm

dann5 wrote:hi , im new to this forum , i have a sebring factory built but i don't have the bumpers or brackets , i have an idea of the bumpers and were to buy them but im out of luck or ideas for the brakes , anyone have pictures of drawings ,thanks

Try MG Magic,classic motor parts may have what your looking for.

65 Austin Healey

Jimboquick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down