Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hood hinges, Saxon

4 posters

Go down

Hood hinges, Saxon Empty Hood hinges, Saxon

Post by tyoutsey Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Now that the weather here is Arizona will be cooling off soon. I am looking forward to putting together the Saxon model basket case I bought recently. I did notice it seems the MX, Sebring models have hood hinges that are under the hood. My car has hinges similar to the trunk hinges located on top of the hood. I prefer t have the hidden, under the hood hinges. Are the Sebring style hood hinges off a particular automobile or are they custom factory items?? I will be looking for a pair if available.
Thank you, Tim

tyoutsey

Back to top Go down

Hood hinges, Saxon Empty Re: Hood hinges, Saxon

Post by rmorgansr Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:45 pm

I "think" they were Mustang II hinges.

rmorgansr

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:54 am

I could be wrong, but I heard they were VW Beetle (the old models) hood hinges, it should appear in the build manual.
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:50 pm

rmorgansr wrote:I "think" they were Mustang II hinges.

The copy of the manual I have says they are Mustang II.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by tyoutsey Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:57 pm

The hinges on the basket case Saxon I bought look just like the ones on the trunk which I know are incorrect. Not sure what direction I am going because I am really kicking around the idea of making it a "tilt" type front end, with the split right along the body side mold line. Thanks for the replies.

tyoutsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down