Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Cool or Cliche?

Go down

Cool or Cliche? Empty Cool or Cliche?

Post by David V. on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Can't remember where I found this pic, but I just had to save it for future reference.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can't think of any situation in which I'd actually use it, but my inner child still finds it awesome. If you had a spare Sebring body, would you make one?
David V.
David V.
Admin

http://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Cool or Cliche? Empty Re: Cool or Cliche?

Post by Hotrod on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:24 pm

I think it's pretty neat and a useful conversation piece if you go to car shows.  At one time, many street rod shows gave trophies for the most interesting/unique trailer.

Having traveled for almost a decade in a 2 seat T bucket roadster with less storage than a big motorcycle, I can attest to the usefulness of a trailer, especially if you are going to spend a weekend at a car show.  

Here's the one I pulled.  It's a reproduction of a Mullins Red Cap from the 1930's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I won't be pulling it much with the Healey since it has enough storage for normal traveling, but if I go to a show, I'll want to take a canopy, ice chest and maybe even  my small portable grille. Makes for a nice tailgating get together with friends.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:03 pm

That trailer looks badass! Love the shape. Can agree on the storage situation, though I've found the Sebring to have a surprising amount of it. I've done a few Costco runs with it and once strapped foam building materials to the top for a short, low speed, city trip. Fun fact, the parcel shelf is a great nest area for a well behaved dog of almost any size.
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:47 pm

David V. wrote:Fun fact, the parcel shelf is a great nest area for a well behaved dog of almost any size.

Funny that you mention that because my car had a seat belt mounted on the shelf and the carpet was covered with dog hair.  At least I think it was dog hair! Very Happy
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:47 am

[/quote] Funny that you mention that because my car had a seat belt mounted on the shelf and the carpet was covered with dog hair.  At least I think it was dog hair! Very Happy [/quote]

For your sake, I do hope it was dog hair lol!
David V.
David V.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down