Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

wheel fitment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wheel fitment

Post by economan on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm planning on ordering a set of fresh wheels, does anybody out there have any of the specs re:bolt pattern, offset, or diameter specs or recommendations. I expect wheel designs will be limited for a four bolt rear wheel drive offset wheel, so i'm thinking i may first have to get the specs then proceed to find a wheel i like from whats available from those specs.
may go to a larger wheel & lower profile tire.

Mikie
near ottawa canada

economan

Back to top Go down

Re: wheel fitment

Post by Jimboquick on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:20 pm

For what it's worth, our MX runs FoMoCo (5) stud, 1/2" on a 4.5" bolt circle pattern. The steel wheels are of unknown origin, 7' x 15" dia. Front and 8" x 15" dia. on the Rear. The back-space / offset is what the "CR" Build manual referenced.
Tires are 215/65x15 in front and 275/60x15 at rear.
Oh, yes, don't forget to make certain that your brake caliper ass'ys. fit inside your rims without interference !
Jimbo

Jimboquick

Back to top Go down

Post by economan on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:38 pm

thanx jimbo!
like i say though, this is a 4 bolt pattern,
many wheel manufacturers only list by car make & model so I am assumng this is a GM "T" (acadian/chevette)body pattern/offset
Mikie
near ottawa canada

economan

Back to top Go down

Post by Loren Tungesvick on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Back space is 3 7/8". You probably have a Mustang2 8" rear. I checked and found a Maverick rear complete for $350 in Kansas City. You could change to five bolt and have a much better wheel selection. Low profile tires make for a more harsh ride and most owners are trying to go softer.

Loren in Iowa

Loren Tungesvick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top