Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pull Switch function badges

5 posters

Go down

Pull Switch function badges Empty Pull Switch function badges

Post by todchadwick Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:46 pm

I was searching images of replica Healeys when I came upon a photo of the common Sebring pull switches. This vehicle had what appeared to be snap on plastic knob covers that identified the switches function. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction so I can get these for my car?

todchadwick

Jimboquick, Jerry & Lisa Mills, Joltin Joe and fspencer1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Pull Switch function badges Empty Re: Pull Switch function badges

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:17 am

"snap on plastic knob covers "
Well that's a great idea. Wonder who made them.
The Cole Hersee switches that Classic used only came with a chrome knob as they were just universal and they did not list any other knobs or bezels that were sold separately.  I know some British cars had black plastic knobs with print on them, and some had bezels with printed function.
The Cole Hersee knobs have a thread size of
10-24 unc.  Maybe something is available that would work, or a tech guru can 3D print some.
Now that you've pointed it out, i would like some as well if anybody should find them.

EDIT.....
Found these. "ONLY" $15.00 each.
Mostly for Marine, but the last listing is "custom". Lots of colors too.
Option 2 might be a local engraver..?..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Joltin Joe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by leezkidz1 Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:50 pm

I just purchased my 1988 Sebring 5000. Two of the four push/pull switch covers are missing. I will buy a new set, but what are the 4 functions above the radio? I haven't figured them all out yet.

leezkidz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:48 pm

Hi Lee,
Am trying to figure out what you mean by "switch covers". Picture ??? Detailed description ?
You say "I will buy a new set". Have you found a place that sells them yet ? I'd be very interested in seeing what you find.

As to their function - it can vary a lot.
As i recall, the common usage was the first 2 position switch is for parking and headlights. Second 2 position switch is for the VW 2 speed wipers. The 2 single position switches are for anything you want such as fog lamps, interior/map light etc. Depending on what steering column you have, those items could be controlled by switches on the column.

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by AHSebring64 Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:50 pm

A couple of other options are 1: have an engraving shop make a label panel that you would mount behind the switches or 2: search for various companies that make individual round labels with custom printing that go behind each switch. I used the first option in my car.
AHSebring64
AHSebring64

Jimboquick and Joltin Joe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:24 am

I have used a company called Carolina Laser for round toggle switch identification tags.  They are similar in size to the tags you see on Cobras and other British cars.  You can get 1 or 2 lines of text.  It is very easy to design your tag with their website, too.  The tags come standard with 1/2" center holes, which work well for regular toggle switches and probably the pull switches that are in Sebrings.  They will do them with other sized holes if you contact them.  I had to have some with 1/4" holes and they did them at no extra charge.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are usually quick to ship and I have never had a problem with them.

I bought some tags from them for the custom dash I am building for my car. They are not super thick and I don't know how they will hold up, long term, but they look good. The tags are plastic and they are available in other colors than black.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down