Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need rear shocks

3 posters

Go down

Need rear shocks Empty Need rear shocks

Post by Jeff Richards Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:21 pm

I have a 5000 with no rear suspension upgrades (leaf springs and old Mustang II shocks). Anyone have a recommendation for new shocks?
Jeff Richards
Jeff Richards

Ramjam72 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Need rear shocks Empty Re: Need rear shocks

Post by Ramjam72 Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm also in need of advice about this issue. Original leaf spring suspension, bottoms out very easily. Sebring, factory built in 1988.
Ramjam72
Ramjam72

Back to top Go down

Post by TimLee Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:23 pm

Look under rear springs, rear suspension and suspension in the search box on our website. Also Shockwarehouse.com has downloads for Monroe and KYB, depending on the type of shock you have (stem top, eyelet etc with all the dimensions and instructions for how to measure travel for them. You might want to check out their 32191 Monromatic Mustang Shock if you have a top stem mount for your leaf springs (I am in the midst of a similar search for a Sebring MX with coil springs which appears to have had too short a shock.

TimLee

Ramjam72 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down