Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exporting A CR Sebring 5000

3 posters

Go down

Exporting A CR Sebring 5000 Empty Exporting A CR Sebring 5000

Post by Coosawjack Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Hey guys!!

I have been semi-actively trying to sell my car on Craig's List in a few surrounding towns and out of nowhere comes a call from Germany inquiring about buying my car.....says he saw it on CL-Hilton Head??

My problem is I have no MSO and the drivetrain is from a 1985 Mustang 5.0.

Anyone know what horrible pitfalls await me in this adventure??

Thanks in advance!!

Jack
Coosawjack
Coosawjack

Back to top Go down

Exporting A CR Sebring 5000 Empty Re: Exporting A CR Sebring 5000

Post by Terry Crist Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:27 am

Jack,

Is your car built complete and registered? If so, you should not have the MSO anymore as I believe the motor vehicle department would have kept it, wouldn't they? At least they do here on the left coast.

Anyway, it would be the buyers issue about registration and import issues. They should be taking care of all of that, not the seller.

My question would be are they a real buyer or a scammer. If they want you to export the car to them then I would run away in a heartbeat.

Just my thoughts,
Terry Crist
Terry Crist

Back to top Go down

Post by Coosawjack Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:09 am

Thanks Terry!!

I have all the appropriate paper work and the potential buyer actually sent an appraiser out yesterday....looks like he's pretty serious??

The guy crawled all around my car....took over 200 hi-rez photos and drove it around (pretty poorly) scaring crap outta me!! I thought he was gonna blow the motor when he punched it in 1st and immediately went to 7K RPM's smoking the tires and floating the valves.......his comment......1st gear is pretty short, huh??

All in all he was very impressed with it and gave it a value almost $10K over what I am asking...CRAZY!!

We'll see what happens next but NO MORE driving by appraisers EVER!!

Stay tuned!!

Jack

Coosawjack
Coosawjack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:28 am

jack, dont know the answer to your question. i put my sebring on ebay and sold to a guy who lives in manhattan, ny. flew into greenville spartanburg, did the deal, and drove back to new york with no problems. i was pleased with the sale even though it was no where near what i had in the car. i listed it a 11000 with no reserve. sold for 16100. i just cant imagine one of these cars in that setting.... good luck with your sale! larry ingram

Back to top Go down

Post by Coosawjack Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Well......

The German made me an acceptable offer but we still have shipping details and money transfer to discuss......he's supposed to call tomorrow AM and hopefully finalize the deal with no glitches!!??

Spoke to my bank and was advised to ONLY use a wire transfer for the funds....NO CHECKS of any kind acceptable unless the buyer is willing to wait until a check clears....days/weeks??!! Bank also advised that we set up a separate account for the transfer......they must have done this before??

BTW......I have a hard top I got from Larry that may or may not go with the car??

Stay tuned!!

Jack
Coosawjack
Coosawjack

Back to top Go down

Post by Coosawjack Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:15 am

Wheels are turning!!

They sent a Purchase Agreement and I was not happy with several components so we modified it hopefully to protect me.....we'll see??

I need to build a crate for the hardtop so it won't get destroyed up in travel.....off to LOWE'S soon!!

Target pickup date is 11-7-14.......

Wish me luck guys!!
Coosawjack
Coosawjack

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:58 am

Good luck jack! have been following this topic attentively (was raging about that appraiser business Rolling Eyes ) Hope the sale goes well! Does this spell the end of your time at the forum or do you have another Sebring lined up?

Best Wishes

David
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coosawjack Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 am

No more Sebrings for me David but I'll be hanging around with y'all!!

Had fun and frustration with the car......power windows taught me m any new words!!

Hope this sale goes through OK and so far it looks good...we'll see??

Thanks for best wishes....may need 'em!!

Jack
Coosawjack
Coosawjack

Back to top Go down

Post by Coosawjack Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:52 pm

It left on Thursday headed to Ft. Lauderdale for export!!
Coosawjack
Coosawjack

Back to top Go down

Post by Coosawjack Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:48 pm

The car made it to the Port of Bremerhaven and went through German Customs OK but the weather is bad and it's still in a warehouse at the Port.

The new owner hopes to get it to Hamburg this week and get it registered ASAP!!

He sent me a couple pretty bad cell phone photos of it in the warehouse and promised better shots when he gets it home.

Pretty cool when ya think of your car being "shipped" 7500 miles away and it made it OK!!

I'll post photos if I get them!!

Jack
Coosawjack
Coosawjack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down