Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy?

4 posters

Go down

Which parts are you currently looking for?

Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_lcap0%Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_lcap10%Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_lcap10%Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_lcap60%Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]
Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_lcap0%Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? Empty Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy?

Post by David V. Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:02 am

One of our members (Monrob22) has considered buying molds for various sebring body panels, in order to make replacements. If you are interested in replacement parts, please vote in the poll below to help him get an idea of the numbers involved.

PLEASE ONLY CHECK PARTS YOU ARE ACTIVELY INTERESTED IN BUYING. NO PARTS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: OUR MEMBER IS ONLY SCOPING OUT THE MARKET.

David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? Empty Re: Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy?

Post by Hotrod Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:25 am

While I don't need any body parts right now, I do have a few suggestions if this does happen.

The scooped hood is the only one to build and it would be nice if it took original scoop trim.  The Sebring trim is a custom part and would have to duplicated along with the hood.  It is cast aluminum (at least the one I have is) and would be much more difficult to reproduce.

Another option would be to eliminate the scoop altogether and make a slick hood.  The original 100-4's and 100-6's were scoopless.

It would also be nice if the front cap was modified to accept an original Healey grille.  They are available reproduction and a fair number show up on EBAY.  This would allow for a chrome grille without having to make the custom Sebring part.

Good luck.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy? Empty Re: Poll: What replacement body panels would you buy?

Post by Monrob22 Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:45 pm

Thanks for the input Hotrod! I have been looking into the grill idea, the vertical original is  wide enough to fit . Just haven't found a cheap one yet to experiment with. As for the scooped hood this is my work around for the that. New mold will be made from a 100-6 hood. It will take stock chrome available from Moss etc. Can be with spline or without.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinjohn Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:21 pm

I have wanted a scooped hood for a while.
it would be good to have a source for other body parts even if one off if needed...

flyinjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by flyinjohn Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:25 pm

I think I like without the spline.
I belive the 100-6 hood is quite a bit narrower than our Sebring/ Saxon?

flyinjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 am

"I think I like without the spline.
I belive the 100-6 hood is quite a bit narrower than our Sebring/ Saxon?"

Flyinjohn, only the hood scoop is from the 100-6. I have grafted it into a Sebring MX hood. It fits the body very well.
That being said I will also offer the original Saxon / Sebring hoods as well.

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down