Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Door weatherstrip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Door weatherstrip

Post by Duehew on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:56 pm

This last winter we did some upgrades on the car and had it painted. The shop that painted the car pulled off the old door seals from the body in the process and said they did not put them back on as they were no good. They did not even get a replacement and just left them off and threw them away. Now the doors rattle like crazy. Does anyone know how thick of a gasket we need?? The one on our car was on the door jamb and across the bottom. Any input will be of help. Thank you.

Duane
Duehew

Back to top Go down

Re: Door weatherstrip

Post by David V. on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:00 pm

Hey Duane, I'll whip out the measuring tape tonight. It should be standard weatherstripping as used on most classic cars and trucks.
David V.
Admin

http://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Door weather-strip replacement

Post by Jimboquick on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:32 pm

Locally, at least one shop {Horton's Hot Rods in Milton, Ontario} that I use carries a range of weather-strip types from Soff-Seal and perhaps other suppliers. I'm pretty certain that the mfg'r. is US.-based.
Next year, I'm looking at replacing my door seals ... been too busy with other stuff this season !
Jimbo

Jimboquick

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Crist on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:38 pm

If someone can get a picture of the profile and a few dimensions you can go to McMaster-Carr and search there for something that matches or will work. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Terry Crist

Back to top Go down

Post by pb on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Also look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and they have a lot of options. Between McMaster and this site you'll find about anything you want.
pb

http://www.hurdit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermn8r on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:20 pm

steelrubber.com sells just about any weather striping you will ever need.

Hermn8r

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top