Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Sebring MX Bumper Mounts

Go down

Sebring MX Bumper Mounts Empty Sebring MX Bumper Mounts

Post by Billy Bob on Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello all,

Again, THANK YOU to all who maintain this resource.

I recently had someone back into my Sebring MX front bumper. This forum helped me to determine sources for the replacement bumper. I chose Moss Motors. I worked with a technical CS rep to determine that the bumpers on my car match the rear bumper for an MG-TD. I ordered two, just in case. I also ordered bumper backbars, which provide additional bumper support/protection should this happen again. I was VERY fortunate not to have fiberglass/gel coat damage, as when the original bumper (with no backbar) deformed it pushed against the body.

I was hopeful that I could repair the bumper mount, but it is deformed so badly that it probably can't be repaired. I assumed it would be a mount for the MG-TD rear, but according to Moss Motors it is not.

I traced the mount outline (attached) and emailed a scan of the trace to Moss Motors, and according to them it doesn't match the MG-TD rear bumper mount.

If anyone knows what these mounts are, please advise.

Billy Bob

Back to top Go down

Sebring MX Bumper Mounts Empty Re: Sebring MX Bumper Mounts

Post by Billy Bob on Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Hmmm.........file did not attach? System says I have no storage for upload?

Billy Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Hey Billy Bob! We have limited storage space for files, so I manage those uploads personally. Please send your document to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I'll upload it for you as soon as I have a moment.

Cheers!

David
David V.
David V.
Admin

http://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry & Lisa Mills on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:01 pm

If you don't find what you need, I'll take the sketch to the All British Field Meet and look. It's huge, but not till Sept. 7th. I know I've seen them on something.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jerry & Lisa Mills

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down