Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Windshield Frame angle

Go down

Windshield Frame angle Empty Windshield Frame angle

Post by Monrob22 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Has anyone tried to mount the windshield at a more rakish angle? Or bent the frame a tad to do this?
I don't really like the very upright look of the original. I understand that modification of the convertible top is in order, and maybe grinding a little off the side post covers to match the angle. Just looking for ideas. Oh, I am planning to not use the side vent window frames or changing them as well. {Sorry Jeff}

Thanks.

Monrob22

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

Windshield Frame angle Empty Re: Windshield Frame angle

Post by Jeff Richards on Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:43 am

Really sorry to hear that you don't plan to use the wing window frames. Had to disassemble one of my doors to use mine for a pattern then had at least 10 hours into the fabrication. Didn't think anyone would want to buy the car with them missing. But I know you are planning to make yours one-of-a-kind in as many ways possible.
Jeff Richards
Jeff Richards

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrob22 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:21 am

Now the vent windows are back in the works Jeff. My idea changing the windshield angle and doing suicide doors proved to be too difficult.

Monrob22

http://Monarchcustomcabinetry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down