Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Brake master cylinder ID

Go down

Brake master cylinder ID  Empty Brake master cylinder ID

Post by oleskool on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:02 pm

I need to replace my brake master cylinder in the Sebring, but don't know what it is. Does anyone know what master cylinder was used in these cars? it has a pinto front suspension with front disc and rear drums.
Thanks
oleskool
oleskool

Back to top Go down

Brake master cylinder ID  Empty Re: Brake master cylinder ID

Post by David V. on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:16 pm

I've run two different Master's over the years. I think the first one was mustang ii and was a pain in the butt to top up. If i'm not mistaken my current one is 1981 Camaro, still hard to access. You might want to take a look at Wilwood Master's with remote reservoirs, they're not tremendously expensive and you'll get quality and convenience.
David V.
David V.
Admin

http://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oleskool on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Dave, thanks for your suggestion but I had looked at GM master cylinders and they did not match. Since the front end is from a '79 Pinto ( found that out when I replaced the steering rack) I tried a '79 Pinto master cylinder and it was a match.
oleskool
oleskool

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:54 pm

Did some digging for you. Turns out both my brake booster and master cylinder are from a 1989-1990 Chevy F-10 Pickup. Hpoe it helps!
David V.
David V.
Admin

http://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down