Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mazda Miata Seat

3 posters

Go down

Mazda Miata Seat Empty Mazda Miata Seat

Post by csmck Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Has anyone replaced the stock seats with Mazda Miata seats? If so what year did you use and any special modifications? I'm thinking of using some 1995 Miata M seats.

csmck

Back to top Go down

Mazda Miata Seat Empty Re: Mazda Miata Seat

Post by Hotrod Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm using the same seats as you.  DrJ on here used them, also.  I had to raise them up on a piece of 3/4" aluminum flat bar to get them where I felt comfortable.  You may not need that.

I also made a relief cut in the rear interior section behind the doors, but think you could get by without it.  There is a molded plastic trim piece on the seat that was rubbing on the fiberglass.  I intend to mold a bubble in to cover the cut I made.

Also, the bolt pattern on the seats was different on the passenger and driver seats, at least it was on the set I have.  Ask me how I found that out! Mad  Don't let that bite you.

The M series seats were a short run option. I have found the selection of seat covers to be limited. Doesn't matter, since I'm having mine covered by a local trim shop. My leather was pretty much shot.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Mazda Miata Seat Empty seats

Post by DrJ Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:44 am

Hotrod pretty much covered it. We both found ours on ebay. My back is not the greatest and I have found these seats to be very supportive for both the twisty roads and long multi hour cruising. Like Hotrod my leather possesses a large degree of "patina" and a small tear. If the Healey project becomes a keeper I will have it reupholstered and would add heat as well. They were reasonable cost wise and have what I consider the classic 60's sports car look.

DrJ

Back to top Go down

Post by csmck Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:40 am

Thanks. I have a few eBay options from $750 to $1500, so I'm still looking for a more resonable pair. I like the speakers in the headrest and heated option.

csmck

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrod Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:44 am

My seats had neither of those options. I think they had spent a lot of time sitting in a salvage yard. That or the original owner hadn't taken care of them. Make sure you verify with the seller that the speakers and heaters are good. Speakers may be difficult to add, but heaters can be added during a recover.
Hotrod
Hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down