Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clutch cable snafu

Go down

clutch cable snafu Empty clutch cable snafu

Post by aronhk_md Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:05 pm

So my clutch cable broke a couple of weeks ago and had to have it towed home.  Ordered what I thought was the replacement mustang cable.  Has the wrong end. lol  The end is not for a quadrant as most years have...it has a round end that a bolt goes through.  Seems like maybe its a 1 or 2 year only part?  Manual says its a 1979 cable part # d9zz-7k553-b.  But I cannot seem to locate that of course.  Probably long out of production.

After much searching it appears to be the following cable. ATP Y142 Clutch Cable, fitting 1979-1980 Mustang 2.3L 4 cylinder cars both NA and turbocharged.  Also the 1978 Mercury Zephyr 3.3L inline 6 cylinder.

Guess I'll have a V-8 mustang cable on the shelf now. lol  Doubt its worth shipping back for $30.
aronhk_md
aronhk_md

Back to top Go down

clutch cable snafu Empty Re: clutch cable snafu

Post by aronhk_md Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:56 pm

So......looks like I will have 2 wrong cables on the shelf. The ATP Y142 is too short. I found the Y144 which should be the correct length. Its from a 79 Mustang 302 car. Sigh. Should have done more research from the start.
aronhk_md
aronhk_md

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum